Search This Blog

Lil Luxe Collection Pleated Skirt (Free)

When I purchased the Lil Luxe Collection Starlight City Dress I grabbed the free Women's Pleated Skirt.  I wasn't sure if this was a...

When I purchased the Lil Luxe Collection Starlight City Dress I grabbed the free Women's Pleated Skirt. I wasn't sure if this was a pattern I would even want to use, but it was free. (Apparently my impulse control is not my friend).

I wasn't so sure this pattern would work for my body type. It fits all the basic requirements (added extra weight to the lower body half) but for some reason I was hesitant to believe that this would be a good option for me.

I used the stretch twill from Simply By Ti and was pleasantly surprised. The Khaki stretch twill is the perfect neutral base for just about anything.

The deep pockets for this pattern are a real treat.  They tuck right into the side pleat, so you can't even see them.

The pattern includes finished skirt length. I shortened mine 4" thinking it might be a nice short length, but it still visually is too long. This is a great "mom" length, but I think I'd rather have something shorter that I wear with shorties underneath.

I do think I could have used a lighter weight fabric to get a little less "poof" and nicer pleats, but overall, I like it. And I'll actually wear it, even though I was worried I wouldn't.

I will say if you're too far off between your hip and waist measurements as compared to the size chart, this is going to be a challenge to get onto your body. ESPECIALLY if you use a firmer stretch fabric (like ponte, scuba or a stretch woven).

Worth a try for free, sure.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )